Staff Engineer, New Product Development (NPD)– Boonton, NJ
BioChem Fluidics is experiencing significant sales growth and expanding its talent in several functions. BioChem Fluidics, a member of the Halma Plc. Medical Sector, is a global leader in providing fluid handling solutions used in cancer research, genome sequencing, companion drug development and animal health to the scientific, life science and medical device markets. We design, manufacture and sell high performance pumps and valves for instrumentation manufacturers. We are successful when our customers are successful.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic organization that is building capability while focusing on strategic goals read on.
The Staff Engineer, NPD will report to the Vice President of Engineering, and will bring advanced engineering and leadership skills to drive R&D activities related to precision pump and valve products. The candidate will play a lead role in managing and leading the product development activities for BioChem products and likely collaborate with other Halma Divisional Businesses. He/She must have strong engineering design background in precision electro-mechanical devices, with expertise in design for manufacturing. This candidate must have proven experience in bringing new products to market in a structured environment, and be able to collaborate with all cross functional team and influence the team members towards the common goals. He/She must have strong experience in managing budgets and timelines. This candidate must be able to work with manufacturing to ensure the design solutions are viable to be produced at required margins. This person will lead the overall assessment of the tolerance analysis of the sub components. Identify new processes or new trends with relevant materials, machining, and molding processes and maintain an overview of relevant technologies and products within the markets BioChem services. Ensure compliance with BioChem quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principles. Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and corporate safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- The Staff Engineer’s primary role would be to lead development efforts on several next generation BCF products.
- Identify, develop and deliver innovative and practical solutions in alignment with the product development road map.
- Gain an understanding market needs and translate them into functional engineering solutions to design innovative, safe and effective products for the BioChem markets.
- Create, manage and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables to meet strategic goals and report periodically to the leadership team.
- Follow appropriate processes for effective and timely engagement of related parties in completion of designated project activities.
- Identify and analyze design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost targets, technical and functional requirements using both internal and external resources.
- Interface with manufacturing on an ongoing basis during the development stages to ensure manufacturability of the design solutions and enhance process capabilities; and provide technical guidance on issues that arise where the issues impact form/fit/function of the product.
- Must have Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent with at least 15 years of working industry experience, with proven record for launching products.
- Must have a strong leadership and project management skills to lead cross functional technical teams of internal and external associates.
- Must have a strong design skills, and proficiency with parametric modelling such as SOLIDWORKS, or ProE., with capability to perform tolerance analysis of complex machined, molded and assembled devices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a good background in product development/manufacturing process specifically in precision mechanisms
- Good oral and written skills to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge
- Six Sigma background in Design Methodologies is desirable.
- Electrical and Software development is desirable
- Familiar with North American and European regulatory bodies; FDA, ISO, GMP, UL; CSA; TUV and industry standards; IEC; NEC; ANSI;, experience in medical device, automotive and/or Aerospace is highly desirable
- Must have hands on experience in assembling prototypes and bench top systems for test equipment
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers tactfully and in a professional manner
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, multi-tasking work environment with ability to meet tight deadlines and challenges
- Minimal travel required
- Based in Boonton, New Jersey (only 45 minutes from Downtown New York City)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Participate in BioChem Bonus Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Matching 401k and Profit Sharing
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for immediate consideration.