HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST – Boonton, NJ
BioChem Fluidics, a member of the Halma Plc. Medical Sector, is a global leader in providing fluid handling solutions used in cancer research, genome sequencing, companion drug development and animal health to the scientific, life science and medical device markets. We design, manufacture and sell high performance pumps and valves for instrumentation manufacturers. We are successful when our customers are successful.
BioChem knows that our people are our most valuable asset. We seek the best and brightest people to join our team. BioChem Fluidics is experiencing significant sales growth and expanding its talent in several functions. If you are interested in being part of an energized, innovative and dynamic organization that is building capability while focusing on strategic goals, then we have the career for you!
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with all departments to promote and support growth, development and success. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance management programs.
- Performs benefits administration, including communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; writes and places advertisements; conducts candidate interviews; on-boarding; etc.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related business field, and three to five years of HR experience; OR a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, conducting:
- performance improvement plans
- workplace investigations
- disability and OSHA reporting.
- Work independently with little to no supervision.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters’ degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions throughout the Company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Participate in BioChem Bonus Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Matching 401k and Profit Sharing
This is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance, HR & IT. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.